Thursday, October 3, 2013

Putting the "I" in IQ






Rating myself on the Gardner's Multiple Intelligences.
One being the lowest and five being the highest.
 
 
              Linguistic - 2                                                                                   Interpersonal - 5
 
              Spatial - 1                                                                                        Intrapersonal - 4
 
 
 
 

 
             Logical-mathematical - 4                                                                Naturalist - 4
 
             Musical - 2                                                                                      Spiritual/existential - 4
 
                                                                      Body-kinesthetic - 5      
 
 
 
This article in the Washington Post tells how some professors want to discount Gardner's theory and gives his response to their criticism. I liked Gardner's commit in the 7 paragraph. I think his statement is very true. you have to make learning fun for kids.   
 
 
 
 
Examples of my two highest ratings:
 
 
 
Interpersonal
 
 
 I gave myself a 5 on interpersonal, because I feel that I can read a person's mood. My wife will sometimes call me a psycho, because I try to figure out her moods. I like reading peoples expressions just to see if I can understand what is going on in the world. If you sit around in a public place and watch the way people carry their self you will see all types of moods. I get accused of people watching when we go to the mall. Christmas time is the best time to people watch.
  
 
 
 
Body-kinesthetic
 
 
I gave myself a five on body-kinesthetic, because of all the sports that I played my entire life. I stated playing baseball at the age of five. the last game of organized ball came at the age of 42. If I could find the time I would still be playing. I love the game of baseball, so now instead of playing I am coaching a 9 and 10 year old team. Baseball is not the only game that I played growing up. I played football till I was a junior in high school. I gave up football to focus on baseball. I love the trill of competition. I personally think that competition is good for a young person. I believe that sports gives a young person advantage in life. Sports will help kids understand how important it is to work together. I think kids need to learn this, because this world is full of self-centered people.
    
 
 
 
QUESTION:


I wonder how many people would look at their lives different and try to be more out going in what they love to do after taking the Gardner's test?
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
  

2 comments:

  1. Well done as usual. Very creative and informative.

    100/100

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's really nice and meanful. it's really cool blog. Linking is very useful thing.you have really helped lots of people who visit blog and provide them usefull information. анкетирование личности

    ReplyDelete